We are looking for an energetic, hands-on, organised and motivated Retail Administrator to support our Retail Manager and work closely with our cafe teams. With your attention to detail, you will organize and oversee various tasks at our head office that contribute to the smooth running of our retail department. During your typical day, you will work closely with all of our departments (Finance, Supply Chain, Production, HR and Marketing).
The perfect fit is a pro-active person with experience in this field. We’re a young and dynamic team looking for someone who is a team player, with great communication skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- The majority of your week is spent on managing weekly administrative tasks, such as: managing Point Of Sale system (iKentoo) by handling queries, updating the system, and preparing weekly sales reports.
- Office assistant duties, such as: researching and ordering stationery and equipment for head office and cafes, stock recording, and maintenance scheduling.
- Retail assistant duties, such as: taking meeting minutes, assisting with shift scheduling, and monitoring the events calendar.
- Liaison between head office and the café teams. Tasks include: monitoring and updating retail stock thresholds for cafes and assisting café supervisors with ongoing retail projects
- Assisting finance department with cash ups and basic reconciliation
- Own projects; such as: compiling the weekly newsletter and manage the company gift card system.
- Strong organizational skills
- Proactive and works well independently
- Flexible in assisting wherever the needs of the retail department are
- Excellent communication skills towards colleagues and third parties
- Experience with Email, Excel and Word, willing and able to learn new software like Ikentoo
- >1 year experience in administrative field
- >2 years Retail and/or Hospitality experience is advantageous
HOURS AND REMUNERATION
45 hours work week, predominantly during office hours. Salary R 8000 per month plus company medical insurance.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Instead of a traditional cover letter, please answer the following questions, as succinctly as possible:
1.What are your favorite ice cream flavour(s) and why?
2.Why is it important to have a liaison at head office for the café teams?
3.Explain briefly one new checklist or form you created in your current job, and why are you proud of it?
4.Name 3 important sales statistics to obtain weekly from our cafes?
5.Describe your work style in three words or phrases?
6.What is one thing your current or previous employer should work on improving?
7.What are the worst habits that slip into generally well run offices?
Please use RETAIL ADMINISTRATOR APPLICATION as the subject line. We will not respond to or consider applicants who do not follow the instructions above when applying.