Always wanted to work with/eat loads of ice cream? Well, we’re hiring scoopers to man our scoop counters over the summer season, at Saturday markets, and at special events.
This job is for every Saturday, and is based on 8-hour day time shifts. There will also be opportunities for some scoopers to work shifts during the week and in the evenings. The job is based in Rondebosch/Mowbray, but we will transport you to markets around town.
Our business makes hand made, high quality ice cream, in small batches, from locally sourced ingredients grown on family farms. The product line will be constantly changing with the seasons, which translates into a changing, interesting work environment. We prioritize quality in our products, our brand and our staff.
- Set up and dismantle stalls at weekend food markets
- Serve customers ice cream from a scoop counter (cones and bowls) and answer their questions about the product
- Learn about and understand ice cream, fruits and other ingredients
INTERESTED? YOU MUST:
- Practice good hygiene
- Be punctual, honest and reliable
- Be fluent in English
- Be presentable and tidy
- Be very friendly, energetic and cheerful
- Be genuinely interested in food and enjoy desserts
This is a short term contract for two to three months (depending on your availability), but work opportunities within the company will be ongoing.
There is a basic salary of R200/shift. After your stall has earned R2000 turnover, you will receive a R50 bonus for every additional R1000 earned, resulting in an estimated total salary of R200-R500/shift.
To apply, please email us your CV and a paragraph about yourself and why you’d be a great scooper, by 30 November 2011. We will fill the positions as soon as we find the right candidates, so don’t delay!