ROLE EFFECTIVE ASAP
HOURS 40-45 hours a week, Mon-Fri
LOCATION Salt River
We are a small company that both manufactures and sells ice cream. Our bookkeeper will be responsible for:
- maintaining our financial records and processes on a day to day basis
- working closely with other portfolios (dispatch, production, retail, HR) in performing financial tasks (sales data, bills and invoicing, payroll)
- reporting to company directors and our external accountants
This is a great position for someone with bookkeeping experience who wants to grow in responsibility, be exposed to many facets of manufacturing and retail business, and is happy being a self-motivated, organised one-person department in the heart of a professional, friendly work environment.
R12,000-18,000 cost to company, depending on experience and the corresponding level of assistance that will be required from our external accountants
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Management accounting (accounts payable and receivable, balance sheet recon, payroll, sales reports)
- Oversee other internal financial recordkeeping by other portfolios
- Assist procurement in establishing accounts with suppliers
- Reporting to our offsite accountant on company financial matters
- Developing and improving our financial systems and records
- Assisting with other Excel based sales reporting and financial calculations
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to work well with others
- Willing to monitor other staff members performing finance-related tasks
- Comfortable using different accounting software platforms (Xero or Sage preferable)
- Assess and improve financial systems for accuracy, ease of use, and efficiency
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Problem solving attitude
- Discretion in handling sensitive company information
- An interest in artisanal food and desserts
FORMAL QUALIFICATION NEEDED
- Matric certificate
- Degree or Diploma in accounting or related field with two years’ experience, OR 3+ years of experience in a bookkeeper role
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: BOOKKEEPER APPLICATION. Instead of sending a cover note, please answer these seven questions in your email.
- Describe your personality in three words or phrases
- Describe your work style in three words or phrases
- Explain briefly one new system, checklist or form you created in your current job, and explain why you are proud of it.
- Name three key things you think a bookkeeper should be scored on in a performance review.
- what 3 qualities are most important for you in an employer?
- What’s one thing your current or previous employer could work on improving?
- What are the worst habits that slip into generally well run finance departments?