ROLE EFFECTIVE: As soon as possible
HOURS: 40-45 hours a week, Mon-Fri
LOCATION: The Creamery HQ, Salt River
We are a small company that both manufactures and sells ice cream. Our Financial Administrator will be responsible for:
- Finalising and submitting payroll data
- Maintaining and reconciling debtor and creditor books
- Compiling data for payments and sales reports
- Ensuring accuracy of allocations on accounting software
- Maintaining and updating cashflow forecast with assistance from external accountants
- Reviewing invoices and bills for statutory compliance and approval on accounting software
ASSISTING OTHER PORTFOLIOS WITH:
- Raising purchase orders, invoices and delivery notes
- Checking sales data
- Stock ordering
- Credit and other financial applications
- Data inputting and checking on ERP, POS and other systems
- Wholesale quotations
- Audit preparation
This is a great position for someone with bookkeeping experience who wants to grow in responsibility, be exposed to many facets of manufacturing and retail business, and is happy being a self-motivated, organised one-person department in the heart of a professional, friendly work environment.
R12,000-15,000 cost to company, depending on experience and the corresponding level of assistance that will be required from our external accountants
- SA ID or valid work permit
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Matric certificate
- Degree or Diploma in accounting or related field with two years’ experience, OR 3+ years of experience in a bookkeeper role
- Excel (able to create templates, do basic formulas)
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com, with the subject: Financial Administrator Application. Instead of sending a cover note, please answer these seven questions in your email.
- Describe your personality in three words or phrases
- Describe your work style in three words or phrases
- Explain briefly one new system, checklist or form you created in your current job, and explain why you are proud of it.
- Name three key things you think a finance administrator should be scored on in a performance review.
- What 3 qualities are most important for you in an employer?
- What’s one thing your current or previous employer could work on improving?
- What are the worst habits that slip into generally well run finance departments?
We only consider and respond to applicants who follow these instructions correctly.