Nicknames: Ma’am, The Ice Cream Lady, The Boss
Job Title: Owner and Founder of The Creamery Ice Cream
What That Actually Means: As with all small business owners, Kate juggles lots of things simultaneously. She manages company finances, supervises production, oversees admin, handles the blog, website and some of the social media responsibilities, scoops ice cream, answers emails, deals with customers, delivers ice cream, runs errands, does the laundry and attempts to keep tabs on the longterm growth and direction of The Creamery.
Favourite Flavours: granadilla choc chip, peanut butter, jasmine blossom, fennel pollen & peach, sweetcream cookie dough, butter pecan, strawberry basil.
Favourite Things: Reading historical fiction, speaking Italian, her garden, handmade pottery, pasta and dumplings of any kind.
1. She wears a size three shoe
2. She is married to her matric summer fling
3. Her ringtone is the Game of Thrones theme music
4. She has a big thing for llamas
5. She is terrible at estimating the size of containers. Don’t ever ask her to find the correct size tupperware to put the leftover soup into.