SEEKING: FULL TIME SERVING STAFF FOR ICE CREAM COMPANY
We are seeking serving staff for our new ice cream company starting in Cape Town in November, at our market stall at the new V&A Market on the Wharf. This is a full time, ongoing position.
- Organize and keep the stall clean
- Serve customers ice cream from a scoop counter (cones and bowls)
- Chat with customers about the product, and sell persuasively
- Learn about and understand ice cream, fruits and other ingredients
This job is for Wednesday-Sunday, and is based on a 50-hour work week. No shift will be longer than 12 hours, and all shifts take place between 8.30am and 8.30pm. The job is based at The V&A Waterfront.
INTERESTED? YOU MUST:
- Practice good hygiene
- Be punctual, honest and reliable
- Be fluent in English
- Be presentable and tidy
- Be very friendly, energetic and cheerful
- Be genuinely interested in food and enjoy desserts
There is a basic salary of R3300 per month, with additional bonuses when financial targets are reached.
Our business makes hand made, high quality ice cream, in small batches, from locally sourced ingredients grown on family farms. The product line will be constantly changing with the seasons, which translates into a changing, interesting work environment. We prioritize quality in our products, our brand and our staff. You can read more about our company here: www.thecreamery.co.za
To apply, please email us your CV and a brief cover note by Saturday 3 November, to email@example.com. In your cover note tell us what your favourite food is, and why.
This is not a summer or part time job, and only friendly people who speak English fluently should apply.
We will fill the position as soon as we find the right candidate, so don’t delay!